Effective Health and Safety Management - for council employees and schools only (ZOOM)
This two part course has been adapted to be delivered virtually. It has been developed for managers, supervisors and others who have responsibility for managing health and safety at work.
This training will provide you with a good overview of your responsibilities and essential information on how to successfully manage health and safety in your workplace. The training will cover a wide range of topics and will enable you to fulfil your health and safety responsibilities.
IMPORTANT: before attending this course, participants are required to complete the iHasco Health and Safety for Managers eLearning training (approximately 1 hour). This can be accessed directly through the eLearning section on the Learning Gateway and will form part 1 of this training.
The trainer led virtual session delivered by ZOOM will form part 2 of the Effective Health and Safety Management course.
There is a specific 'Health and Safety for Managers' course avaiable for Adult Social Care Managers.If you work in the independent care sector, please search for details of this course in the Adult Social Care section of the Learning Gateway.
We hope you can access the training with no technical difficulties. You will be sent a separate email with the Zoom access link nearer the time.
Zoom is a restricted site for BHCC staff, which will be unblocked for the duration of the course. There is no need for you to contact IT&D. Depending on your IT set up, you may find it easier to forward the link to personal device.
By the end of the course you will:
- be aware of your responsibilities to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- understand hazard identification and risk control measures relevant to your service area and responsibilities
- understand the principles of effective health and safety management and how to implement the organisations management system
- be familiar with the process for reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- you have responsibility for managing health and safety at work
- you would like to gain a greater understanding of your health and safety
responsibilities and how to successfully manage health and safety at work.