This course is for staff at The Beach house but spare places can be offered out. It aims to develop understanding of diabetes, and its management. The course describes some of the health complications associated with diabetes, ways of managing the condition and how to recognise when a person requires emergency assistance.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- describe the causes of diabetes.
- describe some of the other conditions and long and short term complications arising from diabetes.
- describe your role in supporting the person to manage the condition
- recognise when a person requires emergency assistance and take appropriate action.
- describe tips for promotion of good foot care
- consider the relevance of the guide 'Stop, Look Care' to your practice