Project Management online training workshop (Microsoft Teams)
These 4 x two-hour bite-sized on-line training sessions introduce delegates to the core skills, tools and techniques they will require to manage projects.
The training is introductory level and suitable for all those who need to manage projects in their role, and all those who have an interest in project management.
You will need to attend all 4 sessions over the two days.
8 November - 10am-12noon
8 November - 2pm-4pm
9 November - 10am-12noon
9 November - 2pm-4pm
Change and Governance
- Provide definition of Change
- Identify why change occur
- Purpose of a Business Case
- Ownership and why communication are so important
- Main Roles in projects and their responsibilities
- Importance of agreed communication approaches and Stakeholders
- Mapping Change
Objective and Scoping the Project
- Definitions for them
- Approaches to scoping: Brainstorming, mind maps, lessons learned, breakdown structures
- Why different stakeholder, teams or individuals are central to understanding scope
- Developing the Project Initiation Document
- What is in a plan, key questions and approach
- Gantt Charts and Resource management
- Shaping the scope into a logical flow
- Providing the Objectives with a timeframe
- Progress information
Risk, Issue and Change
- Definition and difference between Risks and Issues
- Basic process of Identification, Analysis and Control
- Risk Registers and ongoing management
- Why Change Control is important
- Psychology and Stakeholders
- Lessons Learned and better outcomes
Pre course requisite
Prior the course, please do take some time to familiarise yourself with the Project Management Toolkit on the Wave. The trainer will make reference to this during the training.
There will also be a short exercise to do between day 1 and day 2.