Through understanding personality disorder and the impact of childhood trauma upon individuals you will enhance your ability to empathise with the individuals you support and identify psychologically informed strategies to engage with this group of people.
This course is equivalent to the Webinar course with the same title and you only need to attend one.
After completing this course you will be able to
- consider the impact of trauma on childhood and adult attachment patterns
- describe correlations between childhood trauma, social disadvantage and mental ill health
- consider resilience and protective factors in people with personality disorders
- explore the impact upon self and maintaining compassion, boundaries and motivation when working with this client group
- implement helpful responses and avoid counter productive responses when working with people with personality disorders
- describe sources of information and local services to people with a personality disorder.