This event will explore mental health and debt in relation to compulsive behaviours and dependencies.
Our local colleagues from CGL, Breakeven, Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust and Brighton Housing Trust will share their knowledge about the specialist services they work for, specific compulsive behaviours and dependencies and linking this to money and mental health. The thread of understanding compulsive behaviours and dependencies through the lens of trauma will run throughout.
The programme will include spotlight sessions on:
· a trauma-informed understanding of compulsive behaviours and addictions
· drugs and alcohol
· online gaming
· compulsive shopping
The aim is to increase our understanding of specific behaviours and dependencies, how they interact with money and mental health and where to refer people locally for support with these issues.
By the end of the session you will have raised awareness and understanding of:-
• Mental health and money issues linked to compulsive behaviours and addictions
• Specialist services across Brighton and Hove
• Online gaming
• Drugs and alcohol abuse and dependencies
• Compulsive shopping
• Trauma informed understanding of addictions