Health & Safety in Health and Social Care - Morning Session
This course will explain the requirements and relevance of health and safety at work including basic hygiene and infection control. It will also help staff working towards these components of the Care Certificate.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• describe the nature of health and safety in a health and social care context
• describe the relevance of legislation to health and safety requirements
• describe your responsibilities and those of your employer
• identify risks and hazards
• take steps to minimise the spread of infection
Course attendees will be given a certificate of attendance. There is a multiple choice assessment at the end of the course which will be marked and given to participants to discuss with their manager upon return to work. The Workforce Development Team will contact the managers of participants who do not pass the assessment.