Welcome Session for New Staff - AM
This half-day course is for all new staff who have recently joined Brighton & Hove City Council.
The course aims are to welcome new staff to the council, provide an overview of the visions and priorities of the council and give an opportunity to learn about the organisational and political structure.
New staff will have the opportunity to meet and ask questions of the chief executive or a executive director.
The course will briefly cover areas such as learning and development opportunities, staff travel, health, safety and wellbeing, and equalities and diversity. It is an effective starting point for new staff to increase their knowledge of the city council and network with other new staff.
As well as this face to face event there are some online learning modules you will need to complete:
- Introduction to Brighton & Hove City Council
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Equalities & Diversity
- Health & Safety
- Information Governance
- Policies and Support
- Fraud Awareness
You can access these by going to Online learning on this site and choosing the Induction section.
By the end of this course you will be able to:-
- understand the learning & development opportunities available to you
- have met the chief executive or an executive director.
Staff who have attended this course have said:-
- I found the coure interesting, interactive and informative
- Really good with lots of different speakers to keep interest