Safeguarding Adults: Being Caused to Undertake a Safeguarding Enquiry
This course is for Adult Social Care Managers and Senior Staff who may be “caused to” carry out a Section 42 Safeguarding Enquiry. This includes Provider Services in the local authority, private and voluntary sector. It is also relevant to others who may be “caused to” enquire eg. Occupational Therapists and Care Managers who work for BHCC.
This course looks at your role and responsibilities as a senior person in your organisation, and explores good practice in relation to planning and implementing a safeguarding enquiry. It includes recognising what abuse and neglect is, and what you can do to prevent it, as well as clarifying what a safeguarding concern is and applying the 3 key tests. It also looks at safeguarding requirements with reference to legislation and local procedures, including the Care Act and Making Safeguarding Personal.
Monday 30 September 2019
Monday 30 September 2019
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• explain the requirements of the Care Act 2014 and the Sussex Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures in relation to your role when you are caused to enquire by Brighton and Hove City Council (BHCC)
• identify the purpose, aims, and good practice requirements of planning and implementing a safeguarding enquiry using the “Making Safeguarding Personal” principles, including how to support a person to explore the outcomes they want
• interpret issues of consent and apply the Mental Capacity Act 2005 appropriately
• complete the caused enquiry report and work with the Sussex Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures
• describe your role in working in partnership with the BHCC Lead Enquiry Officer and other key agencies in adult safeguarding
• describe your responsibilities around sharing information; for example DBS, LADO, employers and other relevant agencies
Please note: This replaces "Safeguarding for Provider Managers". If you have attended this course within the last 2 years, then you don't need to do this again.
Adult Social Care Providers / Care Homes / Care Managers / Learning Disability Services / Nursing Homes / Occupational Therapists / Registered Managers / Senior Staff
Before attending this course, you must have completed one of the following within the last two years:
- Safeguarding Adults Basic Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults Update
- Safeguarding Adults E-learning
(All the above are available via the learning gateway)
Hove Town Hall - Training Room G107, Norton Road