Reducing Parental Conflict Training Programme
PLEASE NOTE: Further dates for this training are available to book via the Learning Gateway on:
Wednesday 9 October 2019
Tuesday 19 November 2019
Wednesday 20 November 2019
This one day training course is part of the Reducing Parental Conflict Programme, run by Knowledgepool (DWP), and is composed of modules 2 and 3 of this programme. It’s recommended you complete Module 1 as e-learning before attending this course. You will be emailed log-in details to access this.
This course explores how to recognise the signs of parental conflict at the early stages, and how to discuss parental conflict with parents. It highlights how to support parents in finding constructive outcomes which are shown to provide positive lessons for children to learn, such as negotiation skills and compromise. It focuses on practising the skills of handling conversations with parents in conflict using tools and techniques to enable parents to resolve destructive conflict with positive outcomes.
Tuesday 17 September 2019
Tuesday 17 September 2019
By the end of this course you will be able to
• identify the stressors that may lead to parental conflict
• identify the level of conflict encountered and describe the most appropriate support to offer
• support couples experiencing parental conflict and be empowered to act, report or refer should domestic abuse be disclosed/identified
• recognise the role of fathers / male carers in a child’s life and understand the importance of including co-parents in all forms of co-parenting couples
• understand your role and responsibilities in discussing parental conflict with parents, to help them understand the impact of conflict on their children
• practice how to approach conversations that may arise around distressed relationships
• recognise relationship distress at an early stage and when it is potentially damaging
• know about the local and national resources available to support parents whose relationship is in conflict
Open to a wide range of front line practitioners working with adults, children and families in a variety of roles across the reach of Local Authorities and partner organisations.
Children's Services / Children's Services (B&HCC) / CVS / Fire Service / For anyone where relevant to role / Health / Housing Services / Learning Disability Services / Mental Health Services / Police & Probation / Schools / Social Workers
It’s recommended you complete Module 1 e-learning before the course. You will be sent a link to this training from Knowledgepool.
Module 4 is for managers and is also only available as e-learning.
Lighthouse (venue), 28 Kensington Street
Kate Nicolle / Stephen Woodward