This course will give you the opportunity to reflect on and develop your practice in supervision. This will be achieved through a mix of peer discussion, presentation and the chance to try different approaches (e.g. coaching techniques).
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• describe Brighton & Hove City Council’s standards and expectations for supervision
• consider the types and appropriateness of different forms of supervision (e.g. one to one, group supervision)
• explain the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor
• describe good practice in recording supervision
• explain good practice in supervision for safeguarding
• develop ideas to work with the 4x4x4 model of supervision
• develop critical thinking and reflective practice through supervision
This course is for staff within assessment services who supervise others under the Brighton & Hove Adult Assessment Services Supervision Policy.