Dignity and Empowerment
How do you embed the principles of dignity, choice, control and empowerment into delivering care and support?
It also looks at how to keep the individual service user at the centre of care planning, and guard against institutional practices.
This course will assist service providers to stay at the forefront of providing services in line with the current commissioning dignity priority.
- describe the 10 dignity challenges and how you can contribute to meeting them
- describe impact of vulnerability and empowerment and the power of authority in the professional role
- describe the impact of environments on the individual and recognise inadvertent institutional abuse
- identify ways to empower through communication, environment and procedures
- explain the impact of the workers’ use of self
- recognise the need for upholding rights and the individual’s dignity using feedback from service users to improve quality of service