Equality, Diversity & Dignity in Adult Social Care
Equalities and Diversity Training for Adult Social Care staff is provided in two forms, either as e-learning or as a one day course. The one day course is intended for staff who find it difficult to access e-learning or who would prefer to spend more time discussing the topics.
· explain key definitions and concepts relating to equality and diversity
· describe the legislative framework and implications for providing an inclusive service
· reflect on recent events highlighting systemic discrimination and disadvantage
· consider their own skills and attitudes and how to contribute to challenging or overcoming discrimination and day to day poor practice.
· list sources of information, support and further learning
Adult Social Care Providers / Assessment Services (BHCC) / Carers / Social Workers