AMHP Study Day: Autism spectrum disorder for AMHPs
This CPD session with the University of Brighton is for AMHPs and will be held online.
The Course will provide:
· Updated knowledge and practice relating to assessments with people with autistic spectrum disorders
· An update on the current Transforming Care Agenda and the relevance of this to their statutory role
- Gained a better understanding of autistic spectrum disorder
- Improved their interview techniques
- Considered when the use of the MHA is appropriate and the interface with the MCA and DoLS
- Reviewed the guidance in the MHA Code of Practice
- Updated their knowledge of current policy drivers including the Transforming Care agenda and Modernising the Mental Health Act
- Have considered relevant case law and other pertinent issues relevant to their role.
You must be an AMHP employed by Brighton and Hove City Council to apply through BHCC Learning Gateway. If you are an AMHP employed elsewhere please contact your training department or contact the University of Brighton direct. This course will be shared with ESCC and WSCC AMHPs.