An Introduction to Mentoring (Microsoft Teams)
Those who wish to embark on the role to get a clear picture of what this would mean plus some tangible experience to build on in future should they wish to pursue the role.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- clearly define mentoring and understand the role of a workplace mentor
- understand the role of a workplace mentor, the skills, techniques and responsibilities an effective mentor would require
- get an overview of the mentoring process from contracting, through the delivery phase and closure
- engage in some short practical mentoring exercises to get a flavour of what it is to mentor another
- consider challenges and benefits of undertaking the mentor role