Brighton and Hove has a significant drug using population, for whom related health-harms, including blood-borne viruses and overdose, are an issue. The aims of this course are to give an overview of HIV, Hepatitis B and C transmission, prevention and epidemiology, and to explore how and why vulnerable groups are particularly affected. This course focuses on raising awareness of these issues amongst professionals, in order that they and their service users are fully informed. City-wide screening provision, inoculations and treatment services are promoted, and safer injecting practices highlighted.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• describe the epidemiology, transmission & screening of blood-borne viruses
• explore attitudes & how they can impact on service delivery
• identify health & safety issues for service users & the workforce in relation to blood-borne viruses
• identify & promote safer injecting & safer sex practices
• be able to identify & refer to local harm reduction & health services
Please note the venue for this training has restricted access for wheelchair users. Alternative venues can be used on request.
To discuss your requirements talk to a member of the Pavilions Health Promotion training team on 01273 731900 or email email@example.com
Health Promotion / Pavilions do not provide lunch - only very basic tea and coffee (with cow’s milk only). If you have any specific dietary requirements or want anything else, please bring whatever you need for the day. Thank you.