1. Identify situations in your organisation where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers.
2. Identify solutions to improve accessibility
3. Understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
4. Demonstrate a range of communication techniques with people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
1. An experienced trainer, who is deaf or has hearing loss, will deliver the training. We will provide our trainer with a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, where necessary.
2. Our trainers adopt a relaxed, friendly training style, incorporating a variety of delivery methods, such as the use of PowerPoint presentations, small group sessions, one-to-one support and question and answer sessions.
3. All delegates receive an information pack and a certificate of attendance.