This course will give participants the relevant knowledge and a chance to practice their skills and receive constructive feedback on their performance. As most people find making presentations a nervous experience, the training will be both supportive and collaborative, building on each individual’s strengths and helping people to develop in areas where they feel less competent or confident.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• plan and structure an effective presentation
• know how to establish credibility (e.g service users, colleagues, external agencies, councillors etc.)
• confidently handle questions and deal with potentially difficult situations
• engage the audience
• be aware of tools and techniques for effective communication
• manage their nerves more successfully