By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Explain the scope of assessment embedded within the Care Act Statutory Guidance and its application to practice.
2. Apply knowledge and be able to critically reflect upon relationship based practice, concepts and skills in alignment to the Adult Social Care Vision Statement and Department of Health ‘Knowledge and Skills Statement for Social Workers in Adult Services’
3. Define holistic and strength based assessment.
4. Identify and apply the duty to provide information & advice and to plan for preventative measures in your practice
5. Evaluate, identify and discuss the principles of Direct Payments, Joint Working and Independent Advocacy as stated in the Care Act Guidance
6. Identify and illustrate your role in the process of cultural and organisational change.
7. Evaluate your role in relation to the operational and strategic changing contexts and expectations of practice, professional leadership and/or management and be able to draw upon the ‘use of self’ in your professional role
8. Design a personalised Development Plan to identify further areas of professional growth
Day 1 of Assessment & Support Pathway (3 days training)
All 3 days should be completed in sequence and booked separately. Please, note this is a mix and match training with different dates for each of the days