This one-day course is aimed at staff working in provider services who regularly support people with dementia and have some knowledge and experience. It will provide participants with the opportunity to reflect on their practice and to produce actions to develop their skills. The course builds upon the basic awareness course, covering some of the challenges and dilemmas when supporting people with dementia including managing risk, end of life care and maintaining personal motivation as a professional
Audience:. This course is for Adult Social Care Providers / Care Homes / Carers / Home Care Providers / Learning Disability Services / Registered Managers / Senior Staff
Applicants must have attended dementia awareness type training within two years of attending this course.
Please ensure you have a device for your own use that can use zoom and that you can have your camera and microphone on during the session.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time to resolve any technical issues
Tips for using Zoom
If you are not familiar with Zoom, please take a look and maybe try it out beforehand at
There are some clear and concise instructions about getting started and how to join a Zoom meeting, along with short video tutorials - just click "support" on the home page.
A few key points;
1. You will not incur any charges for accessing the training via Zoom
2. You do not need to download Zoom if you are accessing the training via a pc or laptop.
3. If you plan to use your 'phone to access the training you will need to download the Zoom app from the Zoom website.
4. We recommend you use a laptop, pc or device with a larger screen than a 'phone if possible
5. Please check your device's audio and video is enabled and make sure it's working beforehand. You will find information about how to do this on Zoom.
6. If you decide to set up a basic Zoom account to access the training you will not be charged
7. In terms of security, you may need to use the password to join the meeting and you will be held in a waiting room until the trainer lets you in. Zoom is also encrypted.