You may also find Online Learning to suit your requirements by changing the Course Type in the form above and reselect 'search'.
Page 1 of 1
Code: BH/21/1056 Families Drugs and Alcohol – Essential Skills
1-day Accredited Course
Brief interventions for working with families affected by drug and alcohol use. This course is designed for everyone working with adult family members affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use. No previous experience required.
Code: BH/21/1430 Interview Skills & Confidence Building for Parking Services Staff online session (Microsoft Teams)
Code: BH/21/0914 Safeguarding Adults: Being Caused to Undertake a Safeguarding Enquiry (EVENT FULL)
This course is for people working in Adult Social Care who may be “caused to” carry out a Section 42 Safeguarding Enquiry by the Local Authority. This includes all Adult Provider Services in the local authority & the Private and Voluntary sector. It is also relevant to others who may be “caused to” enquire for example, Occupational Therapists and Care Managers who work for the Local Authority.
This is a virtual, interactive small group course where your questions and input are welcome.
Our aim is to learn together, share our knowledge and skills to ensure that we feel equipped to look into a situation where someone may have experienced abuse or neglect. To plan what we need to do to reduce risks in our service and help the person at the centre of the enquiry to understand what happened and what steps we have taken in order that they have the outcome they hope for.
This course looks at:
· your role and responsibilities in relation to undertaking Safeguarding Enquiries at the request of the Local Authority. We will look at the nature of requests from the Local Authority Causing you to Enquire and what guidance you can expect to receive from the Local Authority.
· Exploring good practice in relation to involving the person (& or their representative) who may have experienced abuse or neglect, ensuring that their views, wishes and outcomes are at the centre of the Enquiry.
· We will identify and discuss how to apply good practice principles in relation to Making Safeguarding Personal, Professional Curiosity and the six principles of: Empowerment, Protection, Prevention, Participation, Partnership and Accountability.
· Planning and conducting an enquiry taking into account the Nature, Scope and Purpose of the Enquiry which the Social Worker/Lead Enquiry Officer will have outlined.
· You will be reminded of your responsibilities if you are an Employer in relation to DBS reporting and identifying of People working in a position of trust (PIPOT)
· You will have the opportunity to think through how you will structure the Summary of your Enquiry so that this is accessible to those who will read it.
Code: BH/21/1366 TribePad System Training online (Microsoft Teams)
Are you new hiring manager to the Council? Or do you just need a refresher on how to use the Council recruitment system Tribepad?
We are running a 1 hour training course on 27 July specifically for hiring managers, within these sessions you will learn how to:
- Set up a new job vacancy
- Move candidates through the shortlisting and interviewing stages
- Make an employment offer and complete the offer details form
- View references and confirm a start date