The Learning Together from Safeguarding Adults Mental Capacity briefing
summarises the findings of a SAB multi-agency audit of safeguarding cases involving mental capacity issues
The briefing sets out the:
Download the briefingThe Learning Together from Safeguarding Audits Advance Care Planning briefing
- background, key findings and learning points from the audit
- recommendations and learning outcomes
- Information about assessments and individual rights
- Importance of record keeping
- role of the IMCAs and links to key information and guidance
- Staff in all agencies are encouraged to read the briefing and discuss it in team meetings.
is designed for all staff who provide care and support to people who are at risk of losing mental capacity, for example through progressive illness.
Staff in nursing and care homes including end of life care settings may find this particularly useful and all staff working with adults with care and support needs are encouraged to read the briefing and share it with colleagues.
The briefing sets out:
What is advanced care planning and key points to consider
Links to a useful guide, factsheets, guidance and further information around Advanced Care PlanningDownload the briefing
If you have any feedback about usefulness and how the learning briefings might be used please do get in touch with George.Coleby@brighton-hove.gov.uk